The meaning of the Internet of things has advanced due to the merging of different technologies, real-time analytics, machine learning, sensors, and embedded systems.
The term “Internet of things” was likely coined by Kevin Ashton of Procter & Gamble, later MIT’s Auto-ID Center, in 1999, though he prefers the phrase “Internet for things”. At that point, he viewed radio-frequency identification (RFID) as essential to the Internet of things, which would allow computers to manage all individual things.
Internet of Things (IoT) is everywhere and gradually changing the way of living a life in smart way, work and interact with their Internet-enabled devices. Internet of Things (IoT) technology is fast becoming a essential aspect of consumers daily lives. Slowly, but surely, our world has become better connected through the internet. According to a recent report from Statista, there will be almost 31 billion connected smartphones, wearables, smart watches, cars, and other devices by the end of 2020.
Need of Internet of Things (IoT)
The next Industrial Revolution which is going to change our lives in way never imagined before. The last industrial revolution which is nothing but internet the way we communicate and connect with people has changed like never before and also the internet boom has improved our lives in many ways.
Some Real-World Applications of Internet of Things (IoT) Technology
1. Ibaco Ice Creams: Using smart temperature sensors, Ibaco saved 25% wastage in cold storage. The Bangalore and Chennai-based ice cream chain were facing a major wastage of its inventory. 25% of the ice cream used to melt away due to improper storage. Wireless company, Nimble that provides Internet of Things (IoT) solutions, installed smart temperature sensors, which allowed store owners to remotely monitor the ice cream storage. As soon as it began to melt, they were notified on their devices and were able to handle to the problem.
2. Environment Monitoring: Internet of Things (IoT) technology can detect and measure environment. With the rise of IoT based thermostats, we can fixed a limit for the temperature and receive instant alerts before it exceeds the desired set point. The use of Internet of Things in environment monitoring to conserve energy, water and other natural resources, which are being contaminated every time.
3. Smart Parking: Smart parking and applicable innovative solutions are necessary towards more ecological in future cities. Smart parking with the help of IoT devices embedded in cars and city infrastructures can improve the deadlocks in parking problems and provide the best quality of services people. Smart parking uses smartphones and other sensing devices or to determine the occupancy of a parking structure or level in parking system. With the use of real-time parking data and extending it to people, they can use it quickly and easily locate the parking, this type of technology can help in guiding people to available parking spaces and more.
4. Smart Business: The business world is changing with the introduction of IoT. IoT helps in transforming the business. Internet of Things (IoT) technology is empowering to advance operational efficiency, monitor employee activity, make the security smarter and provide Omni-channel support, better customer experience, efficient fleet management etc. Smart IoT devices are used to track and record customers behavior, this allow businesses to improve more quickly. IoT Plat forms helps to design or implement a disruptive business models.
5. Smart Education: Internet of Things (IoT) technology is gradually increasing in education sector. IoT can help to keep track of overall resources pertaining to education sector. IoT is playing important role in teaching, learning and even in assessment. From KG to PG IoT is becoming the need of hour. Internet of Things has the potential to impact every aspect of student learning. According to eMarketer estimate in 2020 83.2% of all 12 to 17 years olds have a smartphones. In this digital age IoT is transforming in education sector, Most of the students use their smartphones or tabs in a classroom can automate task that they already do now, such as making notes, schedule checking and research upon different topics. IoT technology helps to make smart boards, that change the way of teachers and students get interact in a class rooms by moving lessons away from chuck-duster that dominated education for decades.
6. Medical and Healthcare: Internet of Things (IoT) technology is used for creating digitized medical and healthcare systems. It helps to connect medical resources and healthcare services. IoT can help by sending reminders of when to take medication and to keep track of someone’s heart rate, sleeping hours, sufficient diet, exercise habits etc. IoT can enable healthcare professionals to be more observant and connect with their patients proactively such as patient monitoring, treatment progress observations with integrated Internet of things (IoT) technology.
7. Smart Home: IoT devices or sensors are a part of the larger concept of home automation, which can include smart lighting, smart heating, air conditioning, and security systems. IoT applications/apps are connected to home devices such as refrigerators, washers and dryers, cleaning systems, thermostats, lighting systems, and entertainment systems. These devices can be controlled remotely and also able to send real-time data about the state of the devices in smartphones. With Internet of Things (IoT) technology your home can be controlled, monitored and keep safe.
Wrapping up: Internet of Things (IoT) has revolutionize the world by making the world smarter. Internet of Things (IoT) technology is everywhere, and that is largely a good thing for the people in this digital age. Internet of Things potential has a lot to offer for the daily life of all human beings. It makes everything so efficient, productive, and advance.
- YouTube Marketing: An Ultimate Guide for a Business! - July 7, 2020
- IoT and its Real-World Applications - April 25, 2020
- How Businesses are Leveraging Digital Marketing - April 12, 2020