“Hawa Mahal” means “Place of Winds”. It is set in Jaipur, Rajasthan India. It was build in the year 1799 by Maharaja Sawai Pratap Singh. Hawa Mahal was premeditated by Lal Chand Ustad. Hawa Mahal is built of red and pink building material. The place is a five-story pyramid fashioned monument which is to be found on the main through entrance fee in the heart of Jaipur’s business center. The front elevation is like a honeycomb web of a beehive built with small portholes. Hawa Mahal has been built in the outline of a crown. Some smooth compare the give the impression of being to that of Krishna’s crown. The reason why it is related to Krishna’s crown is for the reason that Sawai Pratap Singh was believed to be an enormous devotee of Lord Krishna.
FACTS OF HAWA MAHAL
• Hawa Mahal is one of the most famous ancient monuments of Rajasthan.
• The building was specially created for the royal ladies of Jaipur.
• It is so-called because it has about 953 windows through which light wind flows and keeps the palace of Jaipur.
• It is built in the profile of the Lord Krishna’s crown.
• It is the tallest arrangement in the world without an establishment.
• It has 5 story’s and it is motionless standing without delay because it is rounded and understanding at an angle of 87 degrees.
• The lattice-work or the jaali work in the windows of the Hawa Mahal is related to the honeycomb.
• Unlike conventional buildings, there is no front access to the Hawa Mahal.
• The Hawa Mahal has only ramps, instead of a commonplace stairway to reach the upper floors of the building.
FEATURES OF HAWA MAHAL
The exceptional architecture is one of the attracting features of the Hawa Mahal. The Wind Palace is constructed as a beehive stronghold with numerous small windows, called as ‘Jharokhas’. The construction is 50 ft high from the base. This beehive arrangement has walls with a width of less than a foot.
BEST TIME TO VISIT HAWA MAHAL
The finest time to visit Hawa Mahal is in the early on sunrise when the sun enters the temporary housing from the windows. The mahal is illuminated with fair-haired sun lights.
7 INTERESTING SPECIFICS ABOUT HAWA MAHAL
Hawa Mahal is a single and popular tourist place that should not be missed in Rajasthan.
Let’s know about some fun essentials about Hawa Mahal.
• Shaped like a crown
• The wind palace
• Built for the Royal Ladies
• Looks like a Honey Comb
• No Front Entrance
• No stairs to get in touch with the Upper Floors
• Named after Hawa Mandir
MOVIE BASED ON HAWA MAHAL
You may have read and heard about the Hawa Mahal or the “Pink City”, also known as Jaipur. But maybe you have not had the chance to visit yet. Luckily, Jaipur has been immortalized on film. So check the movie before you head towards the “Pink City” to see it for yourself!
EXAMPLE of a movie: “Sudh Desi Romance”
The saving elegance of this motion picture, which tries to be contemporary but ends up a bit mystified, is the scenic beauty and gorgeous locales of the “Gulabi City” mainly in the songs “Gulabi”, where Hawa Mahal of the city are exposed in their full magnificence.
6 SUPER INTERESTING FACTS REGARDING HAWA MAHAL IN JAIPUR
• Hawa Mahal is the tallest structure in the world without an establishment.
• The stated name Hawa Mahal was deliberated by LAL CHAND USTAD.
• The It was constructed so that Royal Ladies can examine everyday street life lacking been seen.
• The structural design exhibits a unique arrangement of Mughal and Rajput styles.
• The jaali work of Hawa Mahal windows is similar to the Honeycomb of a beehive.
Rajasthan is a position of many wonders, and Hawa Mahal is one of such. Just similar to its structural design that has the impending to amaze you, the history and facts of this monument will let you view this tombstone in a new light. The view of Hawa Mahal that we obtain from the road is essentially a huge screened balcony, but one of the most excellent examples of Rajput architecture in India. Though Hawa Mahal is a five-story building, it is interesting to note that there are no stairs to climb. There are, however, only ramps that will let to reach the top floors.
- “Manang – Mustang”: A best Trekking Destination of Nepal - May 17, 2020
- Lumbini: A Famous Tourist Place To Visit In Nepal - April 22, 2020
- The Gateway of India-Mumbai - April 12, 2020